Despite modern advancements in tooth replacements such as dental implants, it’s always better for your oral health and the preservation of a natural-looking and healthy smile to keep your natural teeth. Endodontists have several years of training beyond dental school to help save your tooth when the pulp inside your tooth becomes inflamed or infected due to deep decay, previous dental procedures, or tooth trauma. The tooth-saving treatments that endodontists are trained to perform include root canals and other treatments such as endodontic microsurgery or apicoectomy.
There are many reasons why you should choose an endodontist to save your tooth. Here are just a few:
- All endodontists are dentists, but less than three percent of dentists are endodontists.
- Endodontists are specialists in saving teeth because they’ve completed an additional two or more years of training beyond dental school.
- Endodontists have specialized training in administering IV anesthesia, allowing them to offer various methods of anxiety and pain control.
- Endodontists are trained to focus on diagnosing tooth pain and then performing root canal treatment and other procedures that are specifically related to the inside of the tooth.
- A diseased tooth can often be saved with specialized endodontic treatment.
Specialized treatment by an endodontist is your best chance for the outcome you want, and their skilled techniques will often offer you a faster healing time than if you were to seek root canal and other endodontic treatment from a general dentist. The best approach to saving a tooth is to have your dentist and your endodontist work as partners in care, with each provider using their expertise where needed.
Endodontic Care in Hiawatha, IA
Dr. Morio of Apex Endodontics specializes in endodontic treatment for teeth affected by endodontic disease or injury so that our patients can retain their teeth for a lifetime. We offer our trusted services to patients of all ages in Hiawatha, IA, and the surrounding communities. If a tooth is causing you discomfort, or if a dental professional has recommended that you receive endodontic care, please contact Apex Endodontics to schedule a consultation with our trusted endodontist, Dr. Morio.